Thursday, July 22, 2010

What will be the next step from Apple?

The only Apple's product that I own is an a i-Pod but it doesn't stop me from guessing what might Apple do next. Could it be that it reduce the dimensions (form factor) of the i-Pad and package a cellular phone capability (i-Padone = iPad + iPhone). Still, it wouldn't be the most convenient device to carry around as your phone. 

What if  you were to buy i-Padone and iPhone-lite (or a basic feature iPhone) and have the option to seamless use either of these devices but tagged to the same phone number. Oh when I meant seamlessly, I meant not having to take the switch the sim cards. You will have the option to leave your phone at home and just carry this i-Padone (Pad + Phone) or just carry the iPhone-lite. If they could work the wireless providers such that I as a subscriber could chose to activate either this i-Padone or say my i-Phone/my mobile phone. 

Rationale - Most of the time you are using your i-Pad, you would like to have a phone (work, coffee shop, using it as a GPS for car etc). But there are instances such as movies, friends home, parties when you want just your phone and not the i-Pad. So by the above proposed scenario, you will have the option to carry your phone or i-Padhone without having to use two different numbers.

No comments: